Are you looking to grow your career in culinary? Come work at an environment based on care and respect, where you can make a difference.
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for Central Florida Regional Hospital located in Sanford, FL. Central Florida Regional Hospital, a 221-bed acute care hospital and Level II trauma center, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage food service production for patient services
- Manage all aspects of the culinary function for patient dining including menu development, inventory, purchasing, waste control, and cost analysis.
- Manage the Sodexo Food Management System (FMS), and all Sodexo goal check standards.
- Be accountable for positively impacting patient satisfaction with associated with food service.
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to the culinary team, including Sodexo required training.
- Be responsible for growing relationships with key client contacts as well as collaborating and with the client and Sodexo management team on achieving annual operational projects and goals.
- Ensure compliance with Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance.
- Assist with food cost management and overall cost controls for the unit.
- Ensure compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
- Ensure compliance to Sodexo operating policies and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Be accountable for the execution of service quality and ensures customer and client satisfaction.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Demonstrated experience managing a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skill-set.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current wellness and culinary trends.
- A strong production culinary background, ideally in the healthcare setting.
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulations.
- Background in menu planning, food production, and food presentation.
- Ability to effectively communicate to multiple audiences and develop strong relationships with customers at all levels.
- Ability to multitask and proven effectiveness in a high volume, fast paced healthcare environment.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Ability to successfully engage, lead and develop a team.
- Ability to creatively and effectively problem solve and manage projects.
- Excellent computer skills as well as exceptional organizational and customer services skills.
- Servsafe certified as well as working knowledge of HACCP and experience with Health and Safety audits.
Learn more about Central Florida Regional Hospital at https://centralfloridaregional.com/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.