Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 3 candidate for a high profile, full service restaurant in the heart of NYC. We have newly curated lunch, dinner and social hour menus, sourced from local farmers and artisans. Full bar and cocktail program. This is a fast paced environment with a significant amount of volume of on-site catered events. High volume during peak season business between April and September. This candidate will report directly into the VP of Operations and directly supervise all BOH staff. This individual will be responsible for overseeing up to roughly $4.5M in annual managed volume. We are looking for a strong culinarian with FOH and BOH skills, strong financial acumen, and high volume/high end catering experience.
We are looking for a high level Executive Chef who will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- employee scheduling, management and development;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food and innovation
The ideal candidate has:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- passion for food;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a restaurant, high volume, fast paced environment; and
- strong management skills.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo: How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact. Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, healthcare and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.