Sodexo Universities is seeking a dynamic motivated Executive Chef 3 to lead our culinary team to new and exciting heights at Georgia College and State University in historic Milledgeville, GA.
This culinary leader's role will include VIP catering menu planning, client interaction, food forward presentation skills, food prep, inventory management, purchasing, food & labor costing, scheduling, safety/sanitation & employee training. This position will also have direct customer and client interaction.
We are seeking candidates with prior experience managing culinary operations for college resident dining programs and catering with proven results in the following areas:
Culinary Creativity: Follows culinary trends and innovates using local sustainable food sources, is able to translate ideas into unique menu and recipe programs that advance the culinary experience across the regional enterprise. Candidate must have the ability to completely translate "authentic" international cuisine to the customer.
Leadership: Ability to effectively manage and communicate with Culinary Staff, Key Personnel, Catering Staff and Management Teams along with a passion and dedication to be "one of the best". Candidate must be highly engaged and extremely hands-on in day to day operations.
Training: Must be able to articulate and demonstrate a wide ranging variety of cooking techniques and skills for the catering staff (plate presentation, quality, safety, proper culinary techniques).
Financial: Ability to manage and demonstrate proven results with food costs, labor and controllable expenses.
The ideal candidate will have
- College/University culinary experience;
- Strong culinary background with experience in cateringand banquets;
- Emphasis on food presentation, quality, execution, menu design & implementation;
- Focus on customer service excellence;
- Demonstrated experience providing strong leadership, including supervision, direction and training, to a diverse team of employees;
- Focus on food and physical safety and sanitation;
- Experience managing food and labor cost controls to meet targets;
- Understanding of food allergens and special dietary needs;
- Strong understanding of financials and strong analyticalthinking skills.
If you want to be part of a forward-thinking, passionate, and dedicated team who strive each day for excellence, then consider joining our team at Georgia College!