You're excited by the latest culinary trends. You're a modern, cutting-edge culinarian. Bring your culinary know-how to Indiana State University where you will ...Work in an environment that appreciates your sense of ownership, mentor-ship and teamwork.
$3,000 Sign on Bonus Available
Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 3 to lead our culinary operations atIndiana State University, located in Terre Haute, Indiana. Indiana State University is a public medium sized Mid-western State University with an enrollment of 12,000, mostly first time or urban students. Located on the Wabash River in downtown Terre Haute, just 7 miles from the Illinois border in central west Indiana, this position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to oversee the robust culinary program of a sparkling brand new AYCE dining facility with nearly 3000 residents. Alongside a team of great professionals, lead the culinary talent to reach higher skills of delivering great food and presentation. The focus of this position is residential dining with limited support to other dining areas - only required during high volume situations. Relocation assistance is available! Must have a valid drivers license.
The successful candidate will:
- be responsible for purchasing, menu compliance, inventory, food cost analysis and food production forecasting;
- ensure Sodexo Culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality are implemented;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and motivate team members to embrace culinary innovations;
- ensure food safety, sanitation and workplace safety standard compliance; and/or
- have working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of culinary standards;
- strong coaching and employee development skills; and/or
- have a passion for food and innovation.
Learn more about Indiana State University at https://www.indstate.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Culinary jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.