We are the Communities we serve!
This account is part of the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business.
Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/ Magic Johnson venture. SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
Sodexo's Airport Lounge Segment has an exciting opportunity for a Food Operations Manager 1 at the following Airport Club/Lounge locations: Newark, NJ (EWR), Boston, MA (BOS), Washington, DC (DCA), Philidelphia, PA (PHL) and Queens, NY (LGA).
An oasis away from the airport hustle, our Delta Sky Clubs/Lounges have become synonymous for comfort and elegance at major airports throughout the world.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Food Operations Manager will have oversight of a staff of hourly employees in a shift including supervisors, bartenders, food attendants and custodial staff. As manager, you will be responsible for the club(s)/lounge operations including labor cost management, scheduling, ordering product, inventory, training, service standards, financial reporting, guest and client interaction. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with hiring, training and scheduling staff; monitoring service and complying with Sodexo and our airline client's standards of service. Oversight for both front and back of house, in addition to food/bar/beverage service, superb guest relations abilities are the key to success of this operation. We are seeking individuals with strong communication skills, flexibility and adaptability in a fast and frequently changing environment.
This manager will work both early morning opening or closing shifts, including weekend hours. Great opportunity for a hospitality-minded individual looking to grow their career!
The successful candidate will:
- have previous food and beverage experience within hotels, restaurants or similar upscale hospitality venune;
- have oversight of daily food operations and deliver a high-quality product;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly) staff; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met to include compliance with company food and physical safety programs.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems as well as menu graphics programs.
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in "quality of life solutions" around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin "Magic" Johnson himself click here.
Check out more about Airline Lounge Hospitality!
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.