Temporary - Full-Time
Are you seeking a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to make a difference?
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager for it's operations at Peconic Landing, a retirement community located in Greenport, New York. New York's only equity-based Continuing Care Retirement Community, offering the benefits of resort-style amenities and an independent lifestyle. We are seeking, a highly motivated, clinical food service professional to drive clinical outcomes.
The successful candidate will:
- serve in a leadership role on the Food and Nutrition Services team and assist in food service management as needed;
- monitor and control costs, quality and other performance outcomes of the nutrition department;
- select, train, schedule, supervise, direct and evaluate assigned food service personnel;
- assure compliance with Local, State and Federal requirements and laws regarding nutrition, sanitation and safety regulation.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have food service experience in a healthcare setting and demonstrate a great clinical knowledge base;
- have proven supervisory or management experience with an aptitude for program growth and development;
- demonstrate excellent communication, leadership and customer service skills; and
- have experience with regulatory accreditation, regulatory readiness and review, and establishing and maintaining standards of care.
Learn more about Peconic Landing at peconiclanding.org
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.