Fast-Paced. Never Boring. You thrive on the variety that each day brings.
Sodexo is seeking a Food Production Manager for Stirling located in New Orleans, LA. This is an excellent opportunity to work a primarily Monday-Friday schedule, managing less than 10 employees in a diverse and rewarding account. Fast paced environment handling production for a high end cafe and conference center in the heart of downtown New Orleans. Average shift would be between 6am and 4pm with rare nights and weekends. Great team environment working in a newly remodeled kitchen and conference center.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of daily food operations and deliver a high-quality product;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals to include oversight of cash-handling and the POS system;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly) staff; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met to include compliance with company food and physical safety programs.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems as well as menu graphics programs.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.