Work for a company that cares for its people and offers opportunities for personal growth.
Sodexo is seeking a Food Production Manager 2 for the United States Marine Corps, a military base located in Twentynine Palms, California, near Palm Springs. Twentynine Palms promotes readiness of operating forces for the United States. The Food Production Manager will oversee the kitchen operations and manage a staff of approximately 40 hourly employees. Typical shift will vary covering between breakfast and dinner with Sunday/Monday or Friday/Saturday off.
The successful candidate will:
- oversee food production / trayline operations with a variety of food, cook approximately 20% when short-staffed
- handle food ordering and inventory
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality, temperature and tray accuracy;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and/or
- perform functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- prior 2 years of food service experience ideally in a high volume food service environment
- passion for our marines to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- basic culinary knowledge.
Learn more about Twentynine Palms at Twentynine Palms
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Patient Services positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Patient Services. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.