Use your passion for food to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve!
Sodexo Seniors is seeking a Food Production Manager for it's culinary operations at Nathan Littauer Hospital and Nursing Home in Gloversville, NY. Nathan Littauer is a 160 resident, short- and long-term residential health care facility that provides a wide range of medical services, rehabilitative services, and skilled nursing care. Reporting to our General Manager, you will lead the culinary team members in managing our daily food production operations. The selected candidate will work a flexible schedule that will include some evenings, weekends and holidays.
The successful candidate will:
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline union staff;
- ensuring Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality, temperature and tray accuracy;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- basic culinary knowledge or prior food production experience, ideally in a healthcare food service environment;
- have working knowledge of HACCP monitors for Regulatory Compliance;
- passion for our residents and customers to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- a positive "can do" attitude, always willing to go the extra mile, and offer 100% commitment to our residents and colleagues;
- absolute pride in the quality of our food, service and presentation.
Learn more about Nathan Littauer
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.