Sodexo Government Services has two exciting opportunities for a Food Production Manager 3 for Dining Facility 53 43 for the United States Marine Corps- West in Oceanside, CA.
The United States Marine Corps has high quality level food service expectations, and this account will require delivery of exceptional quality food service. Within Government Services, contract compliance is critical; food safety and customer service are high priorities. Extensive safety audits and customer surveys are conducted at each unit on a weekly basis. Sodexo offers innovative and healthy concepts while keeping to a strict profit and loss financial statement.
OFFERING A $2,500 SIGN-ON BONUS
There is great satisfaction from serving those that serve, and it is core to our mission to "Improve the Quality of Daily Life for Everyone We Serve."
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement and leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- have high volume food service experience;
- have contract food service experience, preferred;
- have experience managing staff in a union environment, preferred;
- have food service experience in a high-end establishment, preferred;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and have a passion for a high level of customer service; and/or
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Learn more about Camp Pendleton at https://www.pendleton.marines.mil/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.