Grow your career and develop a team that shares your desire to make a difference.
Sodexo Universities segement is hiring a Food Production Manager 3 at Brandeis University in Waltham, MA. The Production Manager 3 will direct the day to day operations, menu design and food production for the resident dining hall while supporting catering and retail. Key factors for success include mentoring and developing the team as second nature, excellent technology savvy and a true spirit of progress. If you have a successful Food Service background in a high-volume, fast-paced kitchen with knowledge on cost controls, systems and excellent culinary experience - we look forward to interviewing you. Full Kosher operation. Executive Chef Experience 3- 5 years preferred.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Manage Sodexo DRIVE program
- Menu & Recipe Accuracy for ordering
- Food Production, Execution and Delivery of offers for Resident Dinning
- Ordering, Receiving, Inventory Controls and Support for Catering Ordering, Receiving and Inventory
- Resident Dining Hall Menu & Recipe Design with Expectations of Executive Chef
- Oversight of Kitchen Production in Coordination with Expectations of Executive Chef
- Management of Post-production recording with Supervisors
- Merrimack Main Kitchen back of house HACCP program
- Manage Labor, Plate, Food and Production Costs with Expectations of Executive Chef
- Vendor & Product Compliance with expectations of Executive Chef
- Management of Receivers
The successful candidate will:
- Have oversight of day-to-day operations
- Deliver high quality food service
- Achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- Develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- Develop strategic plans
- Create a positive environment
- Ensure Sodexo standards are met
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- Have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- Have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance
- Can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and demonstrate a passion for a high level of customer service
- Prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems, DRIVE, The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience preferred
Brandeis University Dining services is looking for a Food Production Manager to support our retail and catering operations. Great ideas, financial acumen, and the ability to navigate through our food management software platform. Come and join a great team!
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the Company. Manages food production through kitchen staff in a large facility. Contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety.
- Utilizes Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.