"Get behind the Magic"!
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 2 for Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, NJ. This manager will be responsible for back of the house production operations and patient services with direct oversight for ordering, inventory management and maintaining HACCP compliance within this 655-bed academic university-level teaching center which provides care to adults and pediatric patients.
This account falls under the SodexoMAGIC portfolio of business. Use your passion for service to create a positive impact and make a difference in the communities we serve! SodexoMAGIC is a joint Sodexo/Magic Johnson venture and we are thrilled to be celebrating our 10-year anniversary together this year! SodexoMAGIC promises to empower the communities we serve by offering best-in-class food & facilities management solutions, which create a positive impact and make a difference in the lives of our clients and customers. SodexoMAGIC offers our dedicated service via the following Sodexo segments: Corporate Services, Hospitals, K-12 Schools, Universities.
The successful candidate will:
- ensure company food and physical safety programs and standards are followed;
- manage vendor relationships and purchasing compliance;
- manage the opening and closing the operation as well daily food service operations;
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline, staff;
- evaluate and develop service levels for the overall Patient Services Program targeted to exceed patient and customer satisfaction;
- participte in Sodexo's Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- collaborate with clinical, food service, and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient experience;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits;
- provide stellar customer service;
- oversee cash handing processes;
- ability to work independently;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- Ability to work independently.
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed;
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
The SodexoMAGIC partnership represents the union of two global brands that operate at peak performance. Sodexo, a long-standing leader in "quality of life solutions" around the globe, and Magic Johnson Enterprises, the brainchild of NBA all-star Earvin Magic Johnson, who literally took the game to new heights. To learn more about SodexoMAGIC and read a message from Earvin "Magic" Johnson himself click here.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.