Success is yours when you collaborate and work hard in our team-based culture!
***Relocation assistance is available***
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager for Minnesota State University-Mankato located in Mankato, MN. This 350-acre campus overlooks the Minnesota River Valley and the busy streets of Mankato. Located in south central Minnesota, Mankato is a fast-growing community of 50,000 just 80 miles south of Minneapolis and St. Paul. Mankato consistently ranks as one of the most livable communities in the country, ranking #3 in the nation in Forbes 2014 "Best Small Places for Businesses & Careers" and as one of the top 100 communities for young people by America's Promise for four consecutive years.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Food Service Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations in a new state-of-the-art, multi-million dollar dining facility as well as two convenience stores with around 200 frontline FT and PT employees.
The successful candidate will:
- have College/University Resident Dining Experience (volume $8-9.5M).
- experience with food and labor management systems.
- experience managing budgets.
- experience managing a union workforce
- Strong organization and leadership skills
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- develop strategic plans;
- create a positive environment; and/or
- ensure Sodexo standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) The Market Connection (TMC) and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience. This is only for internal candidates as external candidates won't have this knowledge
Learn more about Minnesota State University-Mankato at [https://mankato.mnsu.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.