Join our foodservice healthcare team and grow your career in an industry that has been stable throughout the pandemic and is recession proof!
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 2 for Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital in St. Louis, MO.
The Food Service Manager will have oversight of the retail/cafeteria food service operation and 'AYR' At Your Request patient room service program. Cardinal Glennon is a 191 bed Magnet certified pediatric facility. We our looking for an outgoing, energetic individual who wants to learn and grow with Sodexo. Restaurant management professionals looking to follow their passion for food service are encouraged to apply!
The successful candidate will:
- oversee Sodexo's Patient Dining Program and daily meal rounding inclusive of service recovery;
- collaborate with clinical, food service, and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient experience;
- perform tray assessments to ensure food quality and presentation and tray accuracy;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks and achieve successful regulatory inspections and audits; and/or
- perform management functions that include direct supervision of hourly associates including employee development
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly-paid), staff;
- provide stellar customer service;
- oversee cash handing processes, and POS programming and maintenance;
- ensure company food and physical safety programs and standards are followed;
- conduct retail brand standard audits (in-house and national brands);
- maintain integrity of retail branded concept standards (national and in-house brands);
- manage the opening and closing the operation as well daily retail food service operations;
- ensure all needed signage (including digital) is in place;
- ability to work independently;
- manage vendor relationships and compliance; and/or
- maintain all product merchandising, marketing and ordering standards are in place.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- Ability to work independently.
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed;
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems as well as menu graphics programs.
Learn more about Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital at https://www.ssmhealth.com/cardinal-glennon
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health-care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. See more Food Service Management jobs here.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.