You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment.
Sodexo Schools is seeking an entry-level Food Service Manager (Food and Beverage Specialist) for its School Services segment at Springfield Public Schools (SPS). The Food Service Manager's primary focus will be on engaging students and increasing participation in school meal programs. Working as a 2 person team with a Field Marketing Specialist the individual will improve the students' meal experience working with staff to improve food production, quality, and customer service skills. This position will also drive and improve food and physical safety programs. This position requires hands-on food production and service expertise with the ability to train and direct staff using a team approach. The individual will engage the staff to elevate their skills and collaborate with the Chef Manager to improve all aspects of the program. Utilize food management software, facilitate staff training and assist with maintaining current successful strategies and working to execute new concepts. This position will report to the Marketing & Community Relations Director and receive support in all facets of K-12 school operations food service.
The candidate should possess a clear working knowledge of food production, customer service, food and physical safety, with the ability to train and direct staff in batch cooking, line flow and presenting appetizing and nutritious meals. The Food Service Manager will have the ability to work with staff, students, teachers, principals and SPS clients. Within the Home Grown team the candidate will interact with: School Leads, the 5 Zone Chef/Managers and CNC Operations Director and CNC General Manager.
Additionally, the ideal candidate will:
- Assist and develop a strategic direction to increase meal participation at the sites visited.
- Evaluate current school food service program and adjust operations improve student participation.
- Develop written policies and procedures to standardize and improve operations.
- Analyze menu data and implement solutions that create student awareness and acceptance.
- Develop key performance metrics: participation, labor, food costs, inventory and waste to drive results.
- Work a flexible schedule and travel to SPS sites throughout Springfield, to work, attend meetings and participate in conferences.
- On a few occasions the candidate will need to work evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Represent the Home Grown brand and Sodexo in a manner that enhances the Company's reputation.
Preferred candidate will have
- An associates or bachelor's degree in hotel/restaurant management, food service management, culinary arts, and/or relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience working in commercial food service operations.
- ServSafe and Allergen training certified.
- Ability to create Hazzard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) temperature procedure plans.
- Decision-making and problem solving skills.
- The ability to easily interact with students and understand their needs.
- Great business acumen and knowledgeable with the latest trends in the K-12 schools market segment.
- Excellent computer operational skills with a high proficiency with Microsoft suite software to include Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Ability to be a self-starter as well as team player.
- Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills.
- Ability to communicate new ideas, products and programs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred though, not required.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.