Do you have a passion for helping others? Join a great team where students are at the heart of everything we do!
Sodexo is seeking a Food Service Manager 3 (resource) to assist with managing a large food and nutrition program at Marist College. Marist College is a private liberal arts college in Poughkeepsie, New York. Opportunity to grow your career! Direct and lead a team of managers and union frontline staff in a retail setting with catering oversight. Work with campus chefs to enhance and sustain a great food program! Oversee a catering chef, executive chef and retail manager along with a supervisor staff to grow and maintain the food program offered at Marist College. We are looking for a team player to join our stellar team at Marist College! Innovator, positive attitude, great leader with financial background and entrepreneur spirit a must! Food service experience and excellent communication skills as well as customer service experience a must. This position will help manage the overall food services operations including finances, purchase management and inventory control. Someone with culinary background is welcome to apply. This is a Resource position, this is a temporary assignment lasting approximately one year.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- deliver high quality food service;
- provide employee training and development;
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships;
- have the ability and willingness to motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly paid staff);
- oversee ordering and inventory controls;
- menu development;
- assist with catering functions;
- oversee safety programs/training; and
- ensure Sodexo and National School Lunch (NSLP)/USDA standards are met.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- previous experience in a K-12 environment is preferred;
- have culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Learn more about this client https://kipptexas.org/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities