You want high visibility, challenging opportunities and a rewarding environment
Sodexo is seeking a General Manager for the United World College located in Montezuma, NM. UWC is a global network of schools and educational programs with the shared mission of "making education a force to unite people, nations, and cultures for peace and a sustainable future" UWC-USA is a prestigious 2 year, independent, co-educational boarding school. Attended by approximately 230 students and representing 70-80 countries, it operates 7 days a week.
This is a highly visible position, and candidates must have the knowledge & insight on how to lead a team of supervisors and front line staff to ensure operational efficiency. This position also requires someone that has strong a financial acumen, ability to communicate effectively, and be able to respond to the needs of school administration, staff, as well as students and parents. Must be able to provide strong leadership and direction to the food service department with a focus on providing innovative and high quality programs.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- create a positive working environment;
- have a strong financial acumen and achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- integrate fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted adviser and member of the accounts leadership team;
- develop and execute a strategy to accelerate business growth;
- create an exceptional student experience through marketing, menu design, and food quality;
- lead and motivate the team, inspiring strategic direction;
- ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments; and
- sustain client satisfaction and retention.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- have experience working in a high-end dining environment such as a university/country club setting;
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service;
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
Learn more about United World College: https://www.uwc-usa.org/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer executive careers that lead our business in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Personal and Home Health Services, Senior Living, Sports and Leisure, and Benefits and Reward Services. Positions are located across the United States. Continue your search for Executive positions.
Keywords: food service, food service director, private school, boarding school, higher education