Centerplate, a Sodexo company is seeking an experienced General Manager 3 - Food to lead our operations at the Bromley Mountain Ski Resort, located in Peru, VT.
The General Manager is charged with general oversight and leadership of all food and beverage operations, and in some cases, merchandising operations. He or she serves as the linchpin for communications, support and resource allocation to optimize unit profitability and meet the day-to-day operating budget.
The General Manager will provide hands-on leadership to facilitate dining experiences that exceed guest expectations, while revenue is maximized and expenses are effectively controlled. The General Manager's highest priorities will be to ensure that Centerplate's standards for quality, service, timeliness, safety, security, sanitation and regulatory compliance are adhered to.
The General Manager will plan and prepare for events and activities according to anticipated guest attendance and client expectations, will provide hands-on management and oversight, and will direct and support post-event activities, reconciliation and reporting.
The General Manager will establish daily priorities and will direct the on-going activities of department heads in key functional areas such as administration, culinary production, hospitality, warehousing, sales, accounting and cash management to ensure that operations run smoothly, efficiently and in accordance with client/partner specifications.
- Oversees the procurement, production, preparation, service and sale of food and refreshments for all outlets within assigned units.
- Communicates and promotes Centerplate's culture and values; Provides hands-on leadership and direction department heads and staff.
- Ensures compliance with company standards, client specifications, contractual obligations, and other legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Manages the financial performance of the venue through effective control of expenses and through the development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and training processes as needed for assigned unit.
- Identifies and responds to client and customer feedback and assists in escalated situations as necessary.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with significant past P&L responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
Bromley Mountain Ski Resort
Bromley Mountain has 46 classic New England trails and glades with a variety of terrain that is seldom seen elsewhere. It is perfect for skiers & riders of all ability levels from first timers to those who crave the gravity-adrenaline rush. Because Bromley is a south-facing mountain (the only one in New England), don't forget your sunblock and shades to be prepared for some of the sunniest, most comfortable skiing and riding you'll find anywhere in the East.
Exceptional Venues, Unforgettable Experiences:
We are proud to work with Centerplate, a Sodexo company, to bring world-class guest experiences to life at the country's top stadiums, arenas, convention centers, performing arts centers, zoos, aquariums, amusement parks and more. By understanding what matters most-to guests, to fans, to communities-we help make the most of every moment through a strategic approach to hospitality. We craft one-of-a-kind guest experiences that reflect purpose and place, so your presence is valued, your returns are rewarding and your community connections are authentic.