With your leadership excellence, you're ready to move up to the next level.
Sodexo School Services is seeking a high energy General Manager to join our management team managing food operations for Geneva Community Unit School District located in Geneva, IL. This 1.5 million dollar contract consist of 10 locations feeding over 5,000 students a day.Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with stellar communication skills and the ability to effectively manage front-line production employees in a dynamic environment. Suburban K-12 School District in far western suburbs of Chicago. Does not participate in NSLP (National School Lunch Program), low F&R eligibility. High visibility within community and high expectations of quality by client.
Specific duties include supervising front of the house operations regarding marketing and customer service as well as the food production, purchasing and receiving food and supplies. Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities,
PushCoin POS and managing a food service team in a K-12 environment is strongly preferred. Food costing, catering experience, excellent client relations and team building skills are a must. Account receivable and payable experience experience is required, along with the skill set to effectively implement all budget controls at the unit level.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in K-12 food service operations, food and labor cost controls, while also having proven success in driving customer results. The ability to articulate ideas, thoughts, opinions, professionally and clearly within all levels of the organization is critical. Your success in this role will be measured by your ability to:
- Integrate fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted adviser and member of the accounts leadership team.
- Achieve continuous improvement in customer and client satisfaction scores
- Create an exceptional student experience through marketing, menu design, and excellent food quality
Meeting (or exceeding) Sodexo standards of operations (Gold Check)
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Prior Schools General Manager-level experience
- Experience with driving revenues
- Experience training and leading a food service team
- Excellent client relation skills and financial acumen
- Experience working with a diverse population
- Customer service, excellent client relations and team building skills are a must.
- Account receivable and payable experience is required, along with the skill set to effectively implement all USDA training requirements.
- Strongly prefer a candidate with strong K12 and Sodexo experience.
Learn more about Geneva Community Unit School District: https://www.geneva304.org/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.