Are you seeking a rewarding and challenging career that allows you to make a difference?
Sodexo Education - Schools Business Segment is seeking an experienced General Manager to lead a large $28 Million metro market K-12 School District account in Springfield, MA! Experience managing a school food service program is needed to be successful in this role.
This large urban district serves approximately 29,000 students in 60 school sites which include Elementary, Middle, High, Charter and Alternative Learning schools, plus an Administration Cafe. You will be responsible for the development and management of the entire Food operation including Catering and a Summer Feeding program. You will manage a $28MM Budget including forecasting, monthly operational statements, annual reports and analysis. You will also be responsible for Human Resources support for 300+ Sodexo Unionized employees and 25 Sodexo Managers and support staff. You will lead all daily operations and will work with multiple layers of District and City clients; seeking candidates with strong leadership experience and who excels in Client relations. This is a full year working position.
USDA Regulations requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree to be considered for this opportunity.
Prior school nutrition experience a plus, marketing skills a plus, must be able to work independently and understand, implement and train associates for great personal success and outstanding customer service. Someone with K12 Schools experience highly desired.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations;
- create a positive working environment;
- have a strong financial acumen and achieve company and client financial targets and goals;
- have experience managing multiple locations;
- integrate fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted adviser and member of the accounts leadership team;
- develop and execute a strategy to accelerate business growth;
- create an exceptional student experience through marketing, menu design, and food quality; and
- lead and motivate the management team, inspiring strategic direction;
- ensure the fulfillment of all contract commitments;
- sustain client satisfaction and retention; and
- maintain strong employee relations.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively;
- has experience working within K-12 services and National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service; and
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities.
Lear more about Springfield Public Schools: https://www.springfieldpublicschools.com/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.