With your leadership excellence, you're ready to move up to the next level.
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a Human Resource Manager 2 at Colleges of the Fenway, in Boston, MA. The Colleges of the Fenway is a consortium of five colleges located in or near the Fenway district of Boston, Massachusetts.
The successful candidate will have experience in all Human Resource functions, including administration of facility hiring, retention, termination, legal compliance, benefits, worker's compensation, FMLA, long-term staffing strategies, and payroll. Experience as an HR Coordinator or HR Specialist preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work closely with on-site managers to ensure compliance with Sodexo human resource policy and procedures and other human resource needs.
- Create and maintain employees files.
- Execute of all Sodexo and Hospital required HR reporting.
- Maintain employee files ensuring compliance with hospital and Sodexo standards.
- Oversee Employee Relations and Employee retention.
- Address all Sodexo employee relations situations.
- Interact with the client Hospital Human Resource team as necessary.
- Be responsible for all unit level recruitment including job posting and interviewing.
- Facilitate all required Sodexo HR training programs including New Employee On-boarding.
- Lead other human resource initiatives for the unit.
- support other HR activities as needed.
If you have the following skillset, then we would love to hear from you:
- Human Resources experience working in a similar sized and type of industry.
- Ability to lead HR practices and objectives.
- Ability to provide an employee-oriented, high performance culture that emphasizes quality, productivity standards, goal attainment.
- Ability to support and promote ongoing development of a superior workforce.
- Strong attention to details as well as ability to be successful in a high volume, fast paced environment.
- Computer literate in all MS Office products.
- Skilled in the area of employee relations.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced work environment.
- Professional communication skills.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Handles human resource functions and administration for single unit/account. May include payroll, benefits, training, employee relations, recruiting, safety, etc. Position focuses on hourly workforce.
- Respond to inquiries regarding HR plans, programs & policies. Education managers and employees on policies and procedures. Assist in developing and implementing new policies and procedures. Knowledge of and oversees all Federal, State and Local laws regarding human resources.
- Investigate and resolve employee issues and recommend resolutions, based on policy, as appropriate. Involve those necessary based on incidents; HR People Center, legal, etc. If applicable, management of union employees; understanding of all contract rules/policies and management of arbitration. Involvement of contract negotiations.
- Provide direction to managers and employees on implementation of HR plans, programs, policies, and training. Act as the primary consultant on various HR initiatives.
- Serve as the HR consultant and work with operations to positively impact business.
- Perform due diligence for new business initiatives to determine the appropriate HR plans, programs, process, and tools (including compensation, benefits, leadership, staffing, diversity & inclusion) based on financial and legal exposure.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year of HR experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.