Sodexo is seeking a full time Manager 3, Regional Operations Support (ROS) to provide regional Culinary support for patient meal service, retail food service and catering at Sodexo hospitals. This position will last for a duration of up to 18 months. While in this full time support role, you are encouraged to apply to permanent positions at any Sodexo location.
This position will be based at Annie Penn Hospital located in Reidsville, North Carolina and is part of Cone Health. The hospital provides a number of specialties, including orthopedic surgery, gastroenterology, gynecology, urology, ophthalmology, general surgery, podiatry, nephrology, otolaryngology, and thoracic and general medicine. The Manager 3, Regional Operations Support position will also support accounts outside of the Reidsville area as assigned by the Client Executive..
The successful Regional Operations Culinary Support Manager 3 candidate will:
- support Sodexo's food service programs;
- coordinate the implementation of a defined, short-term projects or sub-set of projects;
- meet sub-set objectives within quality, time, and budget targets, and for managing associated risks.
- collaborate with clinical, food service and interdisciplinary teams to enhance the patient and retail food service experience;
- exceed Sodexo standards for Gold Checks;
- motivate, influence and engage frontline staff;
- provide stellar customer service;
- develop strategic plans;
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for ROSI candidates who have:
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implement company policies;
- passion for our patients, customers and clients to ensure our Sodexo CARES (Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Enthusiasm and Service) behaviors are followed daily;
- knowledge of specialized diets, Expressly For You (EFY) patient meal service and Healthtouch;
- training experience;
- solid client/employee relations skills;
- ability to analyze related data;
- experience with project management
Careers in Health Care Services:
Working for Sodexo in Health Care allows you to offer patients, health care professionals and caregivers around the world the best health care experience possible while influencing patient satisfaction, as well as cost reduction and increased productivity for our clients. Sodexo's unique CARES culture develops a dynamic atmosphere where employees are respected, turnover is low and career growth opportunities are created from within.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.
The Manager 3, Regional Operations Support (ROSI) has overall responsibility, or a portion of an on-sight operations area (ie Food, ES, Clinical, Culinary, Facilities, CTM) as assigned by the Client executive. In this role, the ROSI has direct accountability for executing Sodexo systems, programs, resources, tools, and talent management that drives operational excellence and our service commitments that are: Predictable, Reliable, and Repeatable.
Client / Customer Service - 20%
- Navigates the client organization through effective communication while influencing and persuading at multiple levels. Seeks to collaborate for win-win outcomes.
- Effectively partners with client and Sodexo stakeholders to drive successful outcomes.
- Complies with all client policies and procedures.
Operational Excellence - 20%
- Owns, drives, and measures operational excellence outcomes of Sodexo and client.
- Effectively deploys, embeds and ensures Sodexo standardized processes are in place.
- Creates a continuous quality improvement culture that drives operational efficiencies.
- Drives change and creates a culture where change is embraced and operationalized.
- Brings innovation to client organization through deployment of Sodexo programs and brand.
- Utilizes data driven decision making processes around operational expenses and performance outcomes to drive continuous improvement and celebrate successes.
Analysis & Decision Making - 20%
- Utilizes tools within Sodexo Healthcare to drive and manage middle of the page (Labor Expense, Raw Materials) to deliver positive outcomes.
- Accountable for effective utilization of labor resources.
- Analyses data such as labor and turnover reports, etc. to engage in data driven decision making around talent.
- Brings insightful analysis to issues using data, logic, benchmarking, and leading practices in decision making to determine best solutions for the business.
- Effective risk management by ensuring consistent regulatory and legal compliance.
- Compliance with supply chain management requirements.
- Knows, understands and effectively manages comprehensive unit finances including both Sodexo and Client budgets.
- Set operational goals with key metrics and ensures quick analysis of variances to ensure a prompt resolution and mitigate adverse impact on our clients or our performance.
- Delivers predictable top and bottom-line results at the site, relentless focus on driving efficiency, and makes difficult decisions.
- Effectively delegates operational responsibilities to appropriate individuals / positions.
Safety - 20%
- Ensures that individuals performing service-related tasks have the competence to do so without putting the health and safety of themselves or others at risk.
- Behaviors include: Working as a team for safety
- Communicating Effectively for Safety
- Managing Safety Risks
- Optimizing Human and Environmental Factors
- Recognizing, respond and reporting incidents
- Adherence to all operational safety practices and protocols
- Drives a safety culture throughout the team.
Talent - 20%
- Ability to effectively manage critical aspects of Human Resources (ie. Leadership, People Management, Employee Relations, etc) to support individual and team development and drive operational outcomes.
- Creates a culture of continuous learning and development for self and those within the unit assigned.
- Develops rigorous plans to continually enhance employee engagement and recognition
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent work experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years work experience in facilities (e.g., maintenance, plant operations, engineering services, grounds, custodial/environmental, or transportation) or food (e.g., food services or operations, concessions, retail sales, store operations, or vending) services, CTM, or Clinical Nutrition;
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.