Yes - According to Grade
Let your passion for people be the driver of your success at Sodexo. Through your leadership, your team will make a real impact every day.
Sodexo is seeking a Food Production Manager for our new 13,000sf food manufacturing facility located in Billerica, MA.
Our Food Production Manager is a dynamic, results-driven shift manager with demonstrated success in driving best-in-class operational results through positive leadership skills and the ability to direct daily operations through the team. The ideal candidate is experienced in fresh food manufacturing and/or central kitchen operations and managing teams to deliver results. We are looking for a positive leader with the ability to lead a new team from site pre-opening through full capacity operations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
The Food Production Manager is responsible for daily fresh food manufacturing operations and production-related activities including, food safety and sanitation systems, exceptional food quality, achieving daily production goals, positive staff engagement and positive financial results. The site consists of a production kitchen for large batch production, multiple chilled prep rooms for produce, WIP and protein production and a chilled high-care packaging room. This hands-on position is responsible for start-up operations at the site, working with the Site Operations Manager to scale production through process improvements and work through planned expansion of our production and packaging space. The role will direct, coach and mentor staff to develop methods to best meet production goals in addition to making processes more efficient. Ensures full compliance with all State and Federal agency regulated Health, Food Safety and Safety codes.
- Uncompromising commitment to the highest food safety standards in the industry.
- Passionate about great food quality and adhering to strict recipe and packaging procedure standards.
- Responsible for delivering on daily production goals, planning weekly labor and supply forecasts, oversight of all front-line workers.
- Primary functional responsibilities include daily management of warehouse (inbound/outbound), prep stations, WIP quality, food safety, sanitation and temperature logs, packaging room quality and productivity, logistics schedule.
- Responsible for monitoring food and production costs, pricing, portion controls, quality assurance and controls.
- Works with Food Safety Manager to ensure food safety program compliance as well as daily food and material waste tracking.
- Develop SOP's and ensure team follows all recipes. Ensures procedures are followed for ordering, receiving, storing, and packaging.
- Manages the health, sanitation, and safety regulations pertaining to the handling and storage of foods and the operation of food processing facilities and equipment.
- Responsible for schedules, staff feedback and coaching, interviewing and onboarding new staff.
- Minimum 3 years of experience supervising fresh food manufacturing and/or central kitchen operations and leading a team in a fast-paced food production environment.
- Production of fresh food across multiple categories- sandwiches, salads, wraps, parfaits, grain bowls, snack boxes and others
- Experience with packaging equipment including Flow Wrapper, Vacuum Sealer
- Lot tracking and food traceability experience
- Experience in FDA/USDA monitored environments and/or GFSI experience preferred
- Understanding of various cooking, prepping and packaging techniques
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Food contract service experience a plus
- A proven track record of successful hiring, building, motivating, training, and developing solid teams
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Ability:
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and ability to motivate, inspire and positively communicate goals and objectives to team members
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and quick problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and acceptance of diversity
- Results-driven, strategic with the ability to execute plans successfully and efficiently
- Leadership in a union environment
- Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Assumes General Manager's (GM) responsibilities and authority in his/her absence
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.