You are a strategic, innovative facilities leader ready to help clients optimize their business.
Sodexo is seeking a Lab Consumable Manager at a location in Collegeville, PA. Join a dynamic team at a local fortune five hundred pharmaceutical company.
We are seeking an individual with a professional attitude, operations experience, the ability to use technology and systems to create efficiencies, but most importantly, a mindset focused on supporting efficient research efforts. Efficient time management, excellent follow-through, and professional communication are necessary as the Lab Consumable Manager. This position will be expected to oversee logistical and operational facets such as end-user and vendor communication, vendor administration, consumables inventory, work order processing, and team development. This position also has oversite of Laboratory Coat inventory/vendor management as well as GxP Cleaning vendor management. This role must have familiarity with the R&D environment, an understanding of the lab operations environment and able to build positive rapports with customers and clients. The preferred candidate will have experience with lab consumable management within the biotech/pharma industry, great customer service skills, awareness of the lab business environment, a professional and communicative mindset, and a great teamwork ethic.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Lab Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Collaborate with department heads and laboratory operations personnel to ensure request are met/exceeded
- Function as a point-of-contact for key stake holders; respond to requests and issues, and act as a line of communication between customer and vendors
- Observe and develop solutions to optimize the lab consumable environment
- Facilitate/mange the site purchasing by facilitating ordering and procurement routines
- Manage vendor relations, main supplier and alternative supplier identification
- Maintain stock integrity of laboratory supplies and materials via management of an inventory system, including responding to usage changes and preparing for spikes in demand
- Collaborate with relevant parties to promote general stockroom and POU organization and cleanliness
- This position should be able to manage a team of highly motivated individuals and provide direction for providing the best possible service to our stake holders and end users
- Manage/ensure GxP vendor is cleaning to required standards and according to the client's instructions or standards by performing routine inspections
- This position is responsible for the hiring, training, and development of Lab Consumable Team members
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of lab management experience
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.