No need to go far to change the world - one patient at a time
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian for LewisGale Medical Center located in Salem, Virginia. Salem is adjacent to Roanoke, Virginia in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
LewisGale Medical Center is a 461-bed community hospital that strives to provide top quality care. Our designated Heart Center has the latest advanced technology -as well as orthopedics and spine care, progressive care, inpatient physical rehab, services for mental and behavioral health and cancer care. We have 36 critical care beds consisting of Medical, Cardiac and Surgical Intensive Care Units.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Flexible, reliable, knowledgeable collaboratively work with a team of dietitians.
- Responsible for performing screens, assessments, education and documentation utilizing Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) guidelines, EMR documentation according to current standards, uphold regulatory standards, and evidence-based medicine,
- Working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team and in area, unit and clinical program meetings, committees and other relevant activities.
- Acting as a community and clinical educator performing presentations on nutrition topics as requested
- Involved as a clinical instructor/preceptor for dietetic interns for new hires, interns and peers according to established guidelines.
- Have strong time management and organizational skills
Find out more about LewisGale Medical Center at lewisgale.com
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - Meets eligibility requirements for certification as a Registered Dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.