Come work for the world's leading private employer of Registered Dietitians!
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian 1 for East Tennessee State University located in Johnson City, Tennessee. ETSU is a large Public Institution with 13,000 students, in the tri-cities area of TN. This RD is a subject matter expert and thought leader within dining services, the university, and the dietetics community and will conduct individual counselling and group education for all interested dining customers, including athletics and coaches, students' groups, academic programs Save and weight management. ( Part time - 25 hours a week)
The successful candidate will:
- partner closely with an Executive Chef and/or cafe management in selecting healthy menu items, evaluating sales and determining what can be offered differently, and promoting nutritional campaigns;
- conduct lunch 'n learn educational sessions across the company and create regular communications intended to motivate and engage the workforce in healthy eating habits;
- work with nutrition issues related to food allergies, weight management and disordered eating patterns and other medical issues requiring meal selection assistance;
participate in Health Fairs, community events and develop and deliver presentations as needed to support client goals; and/or
- provide direction for planning strategic goals, standards of the brand and maintaining effective communication with other managers and inter-department liaisons.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- are a Registered Dietitian eligible for licensure in state; Tennessee
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders at all levels;
- have the proven ability to effectively engage, motivate and influence others regarding their nutrition;
- have strong presentation skills;
- have demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities with the ability to adapt the changing needs of the role;
- have a history of working independently with little direction;
- have a commitment to continued education in the nutrition field and implementation of new and innovative ideas to implement; and/or
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Nutrition and Wellness positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare, Personal and Home Health Services, and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Nutrition jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - Meets eligibility requirements for certification as a Registered Dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.