Your nutritional know-how can help patients in your community live happier, healthier lives.
Sodexo is seeking a Part Time Registered Dietitian to join their team at West Springs Hospital located in Grand Junction, CO. West Springs Hospital is a 45 bed mental health hospital with Women's and Circle offsite location that hosts an additional 40 beds. This position will provide clinical nutrition support to a variety of patients through individual and group education, nutritional assessments and dietary management support. Position will work ~ 20 hours per week with benefits.
In this role, the successful applicant will:
- Provide nutrition care to psychiatric inpatient units, to both adult and adolescent populations.
- Create and deliver group educational sessions focused on the link between nutrition and mental health for both adolescents and adults.
- Provide diet education for patients and family members related to nutrition management of psychosis, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, malnutrition and other nutrition-related conditions.
- Provide education to dietary staff on rationale and appropriate modifications for various therapeutic diet/diet texture orders.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with hospital administration.
- Be familiar with the nutrition care process and electronic medical record charting.
- Be able to perform nutrition-focused physical assessments.
- Participate in rounding with interdisciplinary team at least once weekly.
- Participate in quality improvement projects and initiatives as part of the clinical team.
- Perform patient satisfaction rounds along with monthly test trays and patient rounds as needed.
- Work with the General Manager to provide exemplary care to patients, staff and community.
- Provide managerial and overall support to dietary staff as needed.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Good time management and organizational skills and are self-directed;
- The ability to work well with multidisciplinary team including administration, physicians, nursing, dietary and ancillary staff
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
Responsible for providing direct basic nutrition services
-Provides nutrition care to population served to ensure needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Follows operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - Meets eligibility requirements for certification as a Registered Dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.