No need to go far to change the world - one patient at a time.
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietitian to come join their dynamic team at Gateway Foundations, Incorporated located in the Chicago Metropolitan Area. This position will cover the 3 Gateway Behavioral Health Units as well as Insight Chicago Hospital and will travel between the 4 sites. The position will provide one to two day per week coverage at each site for consultation with clients (patients) as well as perform periodic group classroom instructions. Bilingual (Spanish) and experience with drug and alcohol recovery treatment is a plus. Must be have the ability to travel between locations. This is a great opportunity for a RD seeking to gain leadership skills, variety and flexibility in their career.
Position will report to General Manager and ideal candidate will:
- Be a Registered Dietitian, Licensed Dietitian in the state of IL
- Prior experience with working with patients that are in recovery from Drugs & Alcohol addiction a plus
- Conduct nutrition assessments, perform nutrition-focused physical exams, provide nutrition support recommendations and diet education as needed
- Have a strong understanding of the connection between diet, lifestyle and disease and how these factors impact wellness
- Have experience utilizing the nutrition care process and documenting in the electronic medical record.
- Have a strong focus on driving outstanding patient satisfaction results and driving process improvement activities.
- Possess strong leadership and communication skills, both verbal and written. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Have the ability to work closely in a multidisciplinary team setting and participate in unit rounding.
- Be able to be flexible, a team player, and possess good time management skills.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Learn more about Gateway Foundations Inc. at https://www.gatewayfoundation.org/ /
Responsible for providing direct comprehensive nutrition services
-Directs nutrition care of special needs population to ensure nutrition needs and customer satisfaction levels are met.
-Maintains and develops client relationships and client satisfaction to ensure account retention.
-Manages, promotes, and educates others on food and nutrition programs according to Sodexo standards and policy.
-Collaborates and communicates with culinary and clinical departments on established processes, special diets, and menu requests and probes potential problems and apprises manager of status on resolution of problems or issues, using appropriate Sodexo resource when necessary.
-Ensures compliance with all federal, state and local regulations as well as Sodexo/client policies and procedures (e.g. Health Dept., HIPAA/Privacy Act, Joint Commission, quality assurance, safety, operations, and personnel) by keep abreast of the most recent nutrition-related trends, research, policy, certifications, and standards of practice.
-Establishes operating standards, implements quality improvements and communicates them to other departments..
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in health care including hospitals, nursing homes, assisted or independent living facilities, long-term care, retirement homes, or clinics + registered dietitian
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.