Join a team of dietitians who are passionate about their profession, with patients at the heart of everything we do.
Sodexo is seeking a Registered Dietician - Food Operations Manager 1 for The US Army Medical Command (MEDCOM). This is an exciting opportunity for a Registered Dietitian to join Sodexo in our Government Services segment by providing training and support to food service employees in five military hospitals throughout the United States. The ideal candidate will be located near Fort Riley, KS, Fort Leonard Wood, MO, or Fort Stewart, GA, but flexible to nearby cities/states as well. This position involves approximately 25% travel.
travel to 5 US military hospitals to conduct in-person nutrition-related training to in-unit Sodexo food service employees including new hires;
This is a part-time opportunity offering a flexible schedule working 1 week per month, with travel to other units in other states. There is the ability to work partially remote, and full benefits, including paid time off.
There is potential for additional hours as well, if willing to take on additional local food service operations responsibilities.
The successful candidate will:
conduct virtual training to uphold employee knowledge standards regarding therapeutic diets and modified diets and all related menu items;
maintain open communication with Sodexo food service employees and managers throughout 5 US military hospitals;
collaborate with the implementation and management of Sodexo's meal service program and menu management system;
foster a culture of learning that promotes career growth and professional development;
proactively seek out and maintain collaborative relationships with key stakeholders that is integral to moving efforts of the department forward;
drive Performance Improvement and Quality Management projects; and/or
provide operations support to our food service department as needed.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- Registered Dietitian credentials and be licensed in [state];
- strong verbal and written communication skills;
- good time management skills be a self-starter and a team player; and/or
- the ability to work well with physicians, nursing and ancillary staff.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Dietitian positions in a variety of business segments, including Schools, Universities, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Dietitian jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. As the largest private employer of dietitians, we have tremendous job opportunities for registered dietitians who are looking to get more out of their career!
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 1 year work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.