Fast-Paced. Never Boring. You thrive on the variety that each day brings!!
Sodexo is seeking a Retail Manager 2 for Carthage College located in Kenosha, WI. Founded in 1847, Carthage College is a four-year private college of the liberal arts and sciences. Carthage's campus is an 80-acre arboretum located on the shore of Lake Michigan, midway between Chicago and Milwaukee. The campus offers breathtaking views of Lake Michigan from almost every building on campus, including many residence hall rooms. Easy access to two major metropolitan areas gives students opportunities for real-world experience and networking.
The Retail Manager 2 will be responsible for national branded concepts Starbucks and Einstein's Brothers Bagels as well as a Sodexo braded Simply to Go location. Each of these locations are in high traffic and high profile academic buildings on campus with the Einstein's Bagels location is operated year round.
Candidates who can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo systems such as Kronos, Drive, The Market Connection (TMC) and are proficient in computer skills, online ordering platforms, and report management tools are a plus.
The successful candidate will:
- have oversight of day-to-day operations
- deliver high quality food service
- achieve company and client financial targets and goals
- develop and maintain client and customer relationships
- create a positive work environment while ensuring Sodexo standards are met.
- have a work history demonstrating strong employee engagement leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively
- can manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service
- prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- lead frontline teams, mentoring them in accurate cash handling, operations, open and closing processes; and/or
- train and manage department HACCP Safety Programs, Sodexo programs and daily operation standards.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a history of strong leadership and excellent communication skills;
- prior experience promoting national brands with clients and customers in a campus environment; and/or
- proven client relationship and customer service skills.
- High-volume campus/university retail food operations management experience.
- Experience training and leading supervisors and hourly staff.
- Experience driving sales, controlling costs, ordering and inventory.
Learn more about Carthage College at https://www.carthage.edu/?ext
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.