Sodexo is seeking a Retail Manager 2 to oversee operations for retail outlets located at the Alumni Hall for Providence College, a long standing account located in Providence, RI. Providence College is a Private Catholic Institution with approximately 4200 undergraduates and 600 faculty and staff. There are three retail locations on the campus that this position will assist in overseeing, along with concessions and possibly catering at various times during the school year. Union environment with approximately 60 union employees working in the retail location.
Daily responsibilities include proper cash handling, scheduling and training of retail staff, ordering, inventory for each location, customer service and adherence of brand standards and marketing using all Sodexo tools available. Reporting to the Operations Manager, this Retail Manager is responsible for all proper banking procedures at all locations and the exceptional day to day service of retail to our students, faculty and staff.
The best qualified candidate will have the following:
- ServeSave Certified Preferred
- College or University retail food service management experience
- Experience with multi-unit, quick-service food outlets
- Experience training and leading a retail food staff (union experience is helpful)
- Experience with cash handling and training
- Experience with ordering and inventory practices
- Knowledge of food and physical safety programs
The successful candidate will:
- lead frontline teams, mentoring them in accurate cash handling, operations, open and closing processes; and/or
- train and manage department HACCP Safety Programs, Sodexo programs and daily operation standards.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- a history of strong leadership and excellent communication skills;
- prior experience promoting national brands with clients and customers in a campus environment; and/or
- proven client relationship and customer service skills.
Learn more about Providence College at https://www.providence.edu/
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
We offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you'll enjoy an improved quality of life that's unique in the hospitality industry.