**RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE**
Working together, supporting your team, reaching for the best in a high-volume, high paced environment is second nature to you.
Sodexo is seeking a Retail Manager 3 for our Education Division at Muhlenberg College located in Allentown PA. The Retail Manager 3 will demonstrate exceptional customer service skills, and work closely with other department managers and student organizations while managing various retail concepts. This role will report to the Operations Manager of food service and take on responsibilities in his/her absence.
Additional skills include experience in high-volume food service, managing through managers, employee/staff training, team building, labor management, control systems and knowledge of financial statements. This role will interact with our client at a high level and must be proficient at building and maintaining excellent client and customer relations. We are seeking an experienced innovative leader to join our team. Sodexo offers outstanding career growth potential and a comprehensive benefits program.
As part of eastern Pennsylvania's scenic Lehigh Valley, Allentown is a diverse city of 122,000, located just 60 miles north of Philadelphia and 90 miles west of New York City. Along with Bethlehem and Easton, the region is home to a vibrant arts scene, a nationally unique parks system, and a rich blend of cuisine and diverse restaurants.
Muhlenberg College is a highly selective, private, four-year residential, liberal arts college offering baccalaureate and graduate programs with 2300 resident students and a recently completed $20M expansion and renovation to the Student Center this campus boasts a spectacular dining room and state of the art food gallery with meat and dairy kosher stations. Seegers Union has 2 retail locations, catering, and residential dining in one building. Resident dining volume is $5M, catering is $1.7M and retail volume is $2.1K annually.
The successful candidate will:
- motivate, coach, mentor and develop frontline (hourly-paid), staff;
- provide stellar customer service;
- oversee cash handing processes, and POS programming and maintenance;
- ensure company food and physical safety programs and standards are followed;
- conduct retail brand standard audits (in-house and national brands);
- maintain integrity of retail branded concept standards (national and in-house brands);
- manage the opening and closing the operation as well daily retail food service operations;
- ensure all needed signage (including digital) is in place;
- manage vendor relationships and compliance; and/or
- maintain all product merchandising, marketing and ordering standards are in place.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
- have a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of the organization;
- possess the ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and exhibit a passion for a high-level of customer service;
- exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed; and/or
- demonstrate working knowledge of automated food inventory, ordering, production and management systems as well as menu graphics programs.
Learn more about Muhlenberg College at https://www.muhlenberg.edu/
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Food Service Management and Retail Management positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Food Service Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.