Make a global impact while leading technological initiatives.
Sodexo is currently seeking a dynamic Senior Applications Architect to lead the technical activities for our IBM Business to Business/Electronic Data Interchange platforms. This role is based in Cheektowaga, NY but remote applicants willing to work Eastern time zone hours will be considered.
The successful candidate will:
Perform 'hands-on' work which includes design, development, testing and will include the direction of offshore resources. You will be operating in both a 'hands-on' technical development role and technical project management role. Define, drive and document technical specifications from business functional requirements. Perform unit, load, and performance testing on all system components. Responsible for leading and coordinating release management, testing, job scheduling and on-call production support duties 24x7.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who are/have:
- 7+ years enterprise experience with IBM B2Bi, MFT/SFG, SSP, Control Center.
- Experience with Integration to middleware [Informatica, IBM ESB, Oracle Fusion, Tibco, etc.] and ERP systems (SAP) & MS Dynamics 365.
- Strong Functional knowledge of B2B [IBM SI, Cleo, etc.] systems and Supply Chain processes.
- Experienced with UNIX [RHEL, AIX] and Windows server environments.
- Strong Leadership, project management, time-management, and communication skills.
- Strong process orientation, analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Software solutions and applications installation experience required.
- Knowledge of containers (Red Hat OpenShift, Kubernetes, etc.)
- On-premises to cloud (Azure/AWS) migration experience preferred.
- Familiar with latest cross platform toolsets like Node Js, Git, Angular Js, MongoDB and NoSQL DB.
- Experienced in Azure DevOps Framework. Certification preferred.
- Experienced in Cloud [IAAS, PAAS, SAAS] models.
- Configuration & Installation experience with Microsoft IIS, IBM WebSphere, Apache, and other open-source web/app tier platforms.
- Good understanding of IT Architecture including Networks, Multi-Tier Applications, Databases, Operating Systems, Security, and other infrastructure.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Technical expert leads the application architecture and development efforts for enterprise level applications. Develops technical strategy for a particular application or suite of applications. Ensures system integrity and a stable system with proper controls and systems including up to date document applications architecture and development expert. Leads the team from a technical perspective in the areas of application architecture, systems analysis and design, and software programming. Creates technical specifications and high level system architecture diagrams. Works with business analysts to refine business requirements based on technical feasibility. Develops prototypes. Ensures that technical specifications are kept current during the development process. Ensures that the estimates in the technical specification are accurate. Defines the high level software development practices and policies.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 5 years of experience as a senior software developer, applications architect or applications systems analyst programmer including 3 years project management
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.