Sodexo has a meaningful, new opening for a Specialized Content Writer with our Digital Content Team in the North American Region (NORAM). This is a virtual position.
The Specialized Content Writer will have experience writing about diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I), corporate social responsibility (CSR) and environmental sustainability initiatives to create audience-centric, data-driven, digital-first content that engages audiences and drives brand and reputation and business growth by demonstrating the real impact we have in the communities we serve. This role will write content for eachof our Impact Ventures teams - SodexoMAGIC, DE&I, CSR, and Stop Hunger Foundation - as well as work in partnership with regional brand & communications, digital marketing, and sales functions.
Reporting to the Director, Digital Content, the Specialized Content Writer will create clear, concise, engaging content aligned with Sodexo Impact Venture messaging frameworks, brand voice and positioning, and channel strategies to shape, explain and position our unique value propositions, offers and services. This writer will use audience, channel, and performance data to inform conception and creation of a suite of on-brand content aligned to channel strategy and target audience goals, including web copy & landing pages, web articles, blogs, e-mails, case studies, social/sharables, how-to guides, tip sheets, infographics, scripts, and advertising.
This role will manage and oversee the full content lifecycle, from ideation, planning and development through digital publication, distribution and post-publication maintenance and analysis. In collaboration with strategic communicators, impact business and function leaders, integrated marketers, demand generation strategists and channel managers, you will conduct background research (including search-engine optimization (SEO)), draft and edit content optimized for use across a variety of platforms, channels and audiences with a focus on driving audience action to meet goals.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop strategies and materials for the communication of Impact Venture programs and offerings to internal and external audiences, ensuring overall brand and messaging consistency across business units and throughout corporate communications.
- Write and edit materials, and otherwise promote Impact Venture initiatives and activities together and independently via the company intranet, corporate website, and our other digital channels.
- Actively contribute to communicating the compelling Impact Venture brands and value propositions to prospective clients, employees, and community partners.
- Ensure overall programming and messaging consistency across business units and throughout corporate communications while accommodating unique programs and communications that are locally resonant and appropriate.
- Partner with internal departments to enhance and expand programs, metrics, and communications.
- Partner with internal communications, human resources, and identified subject matter experts (SMEs) to create and deliver original and adapted content that is clear, compelling and credible for the brand and segment use.
- Ensure all core content is consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice across channels, and adheres to accessibility and compliance regulations.
- Identify opportunities to enhance content with visual elements and collaborate with channel owners and design team to translate core language into usable content across formats, including video content.
- Research clients and their target audience to support creative messaging and keep abreast of business challenges and competitor strategies.
- Conduct SEO research and apply strategy to content creation.
- Actively participate in the ideation process leveraging customer insights, audience research, campaign and channel analytics, brand insights and industry/market data to develop content.
- Convert information gathered from a variety of sources into usable, engaging content tailoring content to target audiences and apply data to improve quality, personalization, and audience actions.
- Understand Sodexo, region and segment brands, objectives and initiatives and apply learnings to create content.
- Appropriately balance client desires, business requirements and sales strategies, and find common ground when debating creative or strategic opinions.
- Understand and avoid the risks and pitfalls associated with purpose driven communications and marketing by prioritizing facts and transparency of content
- Recommend external media outlets to guide placements and partnerships with credible and collaborative associations
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in journalism, communications, English or related field
- Minimum of two years of professional experience required in developing content effective at driving awareness and action
- Minimum of two years of experience creating content in CSR, DE&I, environmental sustainability, and/or community impact spaces, especially with a focus on digital platforms
- Experience applying audience insights, content strategy, channel strategy and social media best practices to create different types of consistent, engaging content and communications effective at driving awareness
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage work, prioritizing and quickly flexing to create, adapt and optimize a collection of high-quality content for primarily digital consumption for various audiences, purposes, and media
- Experience with SEO strategy and application to content development
- Strong written communication skills adept at embracing brand voice and tone, maintaining audience focus, and deploying consistently in writing
- Able to distil verbose or technical content to the essence of the main message in a concise, effective manner
- Exhibit consistent quality control in work
- Experience with web publishing, content marketing platforms, and content management systems
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities
Works closely with the Proposal Director and SMEs with a focus on specific area of expertise. In collaboration with leadership, interfaces with internal clients and support staff to ensure proposals are fully compliant, high quality, and submitted on-time. Become our in-house expert on Sodexo contracts. Works closely with constituents for identification and completion of graphics for inclusion in the proposal. Drafts the proposal content. Compiles a Compliance Matrix for inclusion in the proposal and ensures the proposal is 100% compliant. Provides summary of metrics data.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience- 3 years in technical writing, proposal writing, or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.