Strategic Account Executive - Healthcare Technology Management
This is a remote / virtual role and can be based anywhere on the West Coast!
Reporting to the VP, Business Development, the Strategic Account Executive, is responsible for managing a portfolio of accounts including retention, re-bid, and both new and horizontal sales processes under Sodexo's Clients for Life process. We want to focus on growing our Healthcare Technology Management portfolio.
The Strategic Account Executive ensures client satisfaction with Sodexo services and secures continued business development opportunities for the Company. The Strategic Account Executive maintains and maximizes client relationships to develops business offerings that improve client operations and reduce operating costs based on knowledge of organizational strengths and weaknesses, technological advances, external trends, competitors and customer needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and maintains positive business relationships with existing clients, investigates expanded business opportunities; works closely with operations teams to meet client needs. Continues to develop strategies around expanding our footprint within the portfolio of clients that he/she will work with.
- Analyzes operational risks and challenges, and strategic planning to retain and grow business; performs cost-benefits and needs analysis.
- Recommends and influence key decision makers to pursue a course of action based on an analysis of client objectives, needs and challenges.
- Maintains client relationships and client programs within defined structure or account assignment. Researches on site effectiveness review, development and planning for a go to market strategy. This will include development of sales presentations, proposals, contract design, and documents that include both new sales, cross sales and retention.,
- Researches, prepares responses, and develops proposals (in response to RFPs) and follows up with prospective clients.
- 3 to 5 Year's Experience in working in the Health Care industry, preferably Acute Care and the Sales Arena
- Comfortable working at all levels of a Health Care organization.
- Solid knowledge of the Hospitality Industry services such as Environmental, Food, and Facilities.
- Experience and understanding of the components of the selling process: proposal development, PowerPoint, Excel, presentation and writing skills. Highly effective communication skills.
- Highly effective organizational skills and experience working in a team sales environment.
- Some operational experience or account management experience.
- Knowledge of working with both sales and operations teams in a sales environment
- Solid financial acumen and understanding of financial systems and both costing/pricing of business.
- Proven executive presence, approach and feel.
- Ability to work on complex deals, including long sales processes of up to 24 months, with the stamina to see a project through to success.
- Responsible for managing one's own travel expenses and company assets in a proactive and in manner that is within company policy.
Critical Skills for this role:
- Strong relationship builder at an executive level
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to translate company priorities to an executive
- High level of internal and external influencing skills
- Ability to dream and see the potential
- Fearless at the point of attack
- Ability to sustain relationships- hold on and build upon it
- Understands measurement on how to be successful in market share and wallet share
- Leveling capabilities
Colorado equal pay act range for this role: 103,000 - 180,000 base plus commission.
Develops and executes strategic client retention plans that result in the achievement of sales, market share, account retention or market growth targets. Recommends and influences key decision makers to pursue a course of action based on an in-depth analysis of the client's objectives, needs and challenges. Researches, develops proposals, prepares responses, and follows up with prospective clients.
Responsible for all activities related to the development and execution of strategic plans for new, and organic sales and retention for highly visible accounts/systems over $25 million in managed volume.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.