Sodexo is seeking to hire a Technical Solution Engineer
Reporting to the VP Facilities Operatoins - West, this position is the expert for technical services or technology projects to client/customers. Each Technical Solution Engineering Director will have a focus on a specific component of the Solution Center, i.e. Facilities Engineering, Predictive / Preventative Maintenance, Electrical Distribution, Facilities Assessment. This department will serve across Sodexo's North American business units and assist in the technical support across Sodexo's Solution Center full offer portfolio.
- Organizational adeptness
- Intellectual agility
- Technical knowledge
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Consultative leadership
- Presentation/Selling Skills
Responsibilities and Duties
- Strategic development of technical offerings which will enhance existing the Solution Center's solutions portfolio components utilizing market research, sales/operations feedback, industry expertise, and client feedback
- Creates and supports the technical development of Divisional business case solutions, anticipating the clients/customer's needs, outlining the benefits of the solution, including design, development and rollout. Ensure that the correct resources and approval sources are identified and involved
- Be identified as subject matter expert in business development situations, including presentations to clients/customers within their specific field of expertise, i.e. Electrical Distribution, Facility Assessment
- Maintains a current and thorough understanding of industry trends as they apply to items within the Solution Center and incorporates these into Sodexo's offer portfolio and business strategy as appropriate
- Builds and maintains an inventory of "Sodexo accredited" offer components / capabilities for the Solution Center
- Assists in the creating of a sense of Solution Center "identity and brand" from an internal perspective. Actively build relationships to make the solutions successful
- Ensures that effective and efficient systems are in place to enable superior performance that will ultimately drive value for our clients
- Enables collaboration between Solution Center, Markets and functional support. Negotiates Sodexo's political landscape to build internal relationships and service level agreements to serve our clients
- Contributes to driving business development and retention objectives across all business units via offer, technical capability, service excellence and education to internal and external clients and customers
- Build and maintain relationships with Senior Customer Management Develop prospect lists and identify potential customers using a variety of formal and informal sources
- Education or Equivalent Experience: Bachelor's Degree - Seeking candidates with an undergraduate degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering. MBA is a plus
- Function Specific Experience: 7 years' experience in technical assessment/consulting
- Supervisory Experience: 5 - 10 years' experience in technical solutions
- Seeking candidates who have a strong background in Facilities Engineering / Management or Electrical Distribution.
- Seeking candidates who are a licensed professional engineer - PE
- Travel requirements: 60%
Provides technical support to the Market sales teams and participates directly in sales and business development processes involving resident management solutions. Assists in preparing technical solutions and presentations to prospective clients.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 7 years in developing technical solutions
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.