You're a details person. You analyze and review data, uncovering trends that impact the bottom line.
Sodexo is seeking a Unit Controller 3 for Boston Children's Hospital in Boston, MASS.
Unit Controller 3 will manage all accounting and financial matters for one or more accounts/units. This includes accounts payable/receivable, budget, payroll, reporting, inventory, chargebacks, and various other tasks. This role will also perform trend analysis to assist decision making. Boston Children's is ranked the number one pediatric hospital in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. It is home to the world's largest pediatric research enterprise, and it is the leading recipient of pediatric research funding from the National Institutes of Health. It is the primary pediatric teaching hospital for Harvard Medical School. Boston Children's treats more children with rare diseases and complex conditions than any other hospital.
The successful candidate will:
- manage monthly, quarterly and annual accounting and reconciliation of the activities of current and future contracts as assigned per contract terms;
- conduct monthly analysis of financial performance of clients or contracts assigned;
- conduct client or contract specific reporting and analysis; and/or
- conduct ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who:
- pay attention to detail;
- demonstrate strong Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, modeling) preferred; Access database knowledge preferred;
- have effective communication skills (written & verbal);
- succeed in a team environment;
- are customer service oriented;
- have strong finance knowledge, as well as strong research and analytical skills;
- adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently;
- demonstrate excellent organizational skills;
- can manage competing priorities and deadlines; and/or
- generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance and processes.
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Finance positions in a variety of markets, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search for Finance jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities. The diversity of Sodexo's client services means that your financial career can grow in a variety of directions. Whether you want to support corporate finances or support unit-level financials, you can build your career based on your interests in the varied services Sodexo offers its clients.
Manages all accounting and financial matters for large multi-size national account or a large complex single location account
- Examine Unit financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Examine financial records to verify details of recorded transactions. Analyze and interpret budgeting trends.
- Assist in the implementation of corrective action plans developed during an audit. Assist in the monthly/quarterly/year-end close process to ensure accuracy and integrity of results at the unit/district/region/division level. Plan or assist in planning annual or project-specific budgets
- Generate special reports and respond to data requests from management. Prepare and review reports and other written documentation. Actively listen to concerns and requests of customers and strategic partners, which helps to identify their needs and requirements and to resolve their problems.
- Perform unit audits. Perform ad hoc financial analysis for Unit/District management. Participate in the audit process, including assisting in identifying and resolving audit-related issues.
- Conduct training on internal controls. Train accountants and field in contract interpretation, accounting procedures, system applications, and other areas
- Provide Unit management with recommendations for action and/or modifications to financial procedures, plans, and controls. Provide support to GM's/DM's/RVP's/DVP's in order to ensure accurate results and help improve profitability. Provide support in resolving client billing issues, and managing and collecting receivables.
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of financial data and statistics, including operating and administrative budgets. Ensure that assets, liabilities, revenues, and expenses for responsibility area are accurately reported and accounted. Ensure audits address areas of concern relative to the goals, performance objectives, and impact of economic, financial, and managerial programs in conformance with Company policies and procedures.
- Interact with Buffalo FSC and clients to resolve invoicing and payment/remittance issues.
- Maintain records and reports necessary to comply with Company, government, and accrediting agency standards, regulations, and codes.
- Driving the zero harm mindset
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years in accounting, finance or a related field
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.