Sodexo Energy & Resources is seeking a qualified Unit Safety Manager 2 to drive a safety culture at the site level at one of our largest and most prestigious accounts for a premier Global Energy producer in Richmond, CA. This position is responsible for ensuring the implementation and compliance with North American and client safety guidelines. Ensures legal compliance to all Federal (Provincial), State and Local regulations.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure a safe work environment at client sites by providing HS&E and/or Quality Assurance consultation. Ideal candidate has experience leading safety within a construction field environment.
- this will require knowledge of site specific and OSHA requirements;
- other duties include training of staff, overseeing work, proactive evaluation of potential hazards, thorough reporting and safety communications;
- review unit specific policies and procedures for controlling occupational health, safety, and environmental hazards that come under Federal, State, and local regulations (e.g., Control of Hazardous Energy; Permit Required Confined Space Identification and Entry, Asbestos, Lead, Right to Know (GHS), Fall Prevention, Slips/Trips/Falls, Storm Water, etc.);
- measure the effectiveness of Operational Excellence / HS&E strategies and programs in a fact based and objective manner;
- complete Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental audits. Recommend, justify, implement, and manage safety devices, equipment, and/or products that help protect employees and customers and mitigate losses;
- attain assigned objectives such as Employee Injury Frequency, Serious Injury Frequency, and other objectives as assigned. Advise the Division's Senior Health, Safety & Environmental Professional/Director of any field observations that expose Sodexo to potential liabilities;
- manage Sodexo's client based Operational Excellence, occupational health, safety and environmental programs under the direction of the Division's guidance;
- serve as liaison to external professional organizations and regulatory groups;
- provide guidance and assistance to staff involved in performing audit work;
- analyze chemicals in the workplace and take action to reduce hazardous materials exposure (e.g., replace hazardous chemicals with safer chemicals) and improve sustainability;
- provide full support and take direction, as required, by the Division's Senior HS&E Director;
- provide safety management/accident prevention assistance to all applicable Client units;
- produce HS&E progress reports as required to meet the HS&E objectives of the division;
- conduct business statistical analyses on accidents, including frequency of occurrence and types and length of training;
- provide in-house consulting (e.g., guidance and direction; serve as a resource; focus on accident prevention and risk mitigation) during Federal or State OSHA, EPA, DOT, EPA, fire marshal inspections, all HS&E investigations or complaints;
- train and educate employees, as necessary and required, on HS&E topics;
- track accident cause and injury type trends and facilitate remedial action(s).Communicate HS&E information to key management as directed; and/or
- conduct routine on-site HS&E inspections and implement corrective action plans.
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.
The primary purpose of this role is to ensure a safe work environment at client sites by providing HS&E and/or Quality Assurance consultation. This role drives a safety culture at the site level. This position is responsible for ensuring the implementation and compliance with North American and client safety guidelines. Ensures legal compliance to all Federal (Provincial), State and Local regulations.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of related experience
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.