You are a strategic, innovative Safety Manager ready to help clients optimize their business!
Sodexo's Corporate Service Division seeks two Unit Safety Mangers with the focus of EH&S, based at Client's manufacturing sites in Auburn, ME and Martinsburg, WV. These positions report directly to the Director of Health, Safety and the Environment and are responsible for managing the unit's safety program while also providing home-base safety support. These Managers will help drive a safety culture, develop and deploy programs, and train staff in the field traveling to multiple sites (2-8). Sodexo supports food service, janitorial, and facility management services to the manufacturing client.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Safety Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
- Develop and execute procedures/protocol to understand and manage the cost, risk, and exposure of programs, events, and new services
- Lead safety improvements at high loss units to drive safety culture
- Serves as liaison for auditors/operators and Risk Management personnel for technical audit questions
- Serves as liaison to internal Corporate and Division staff members and external professional organizations and regulatory groups
- Develop and monitor risk improvement plans for high loss units
- Participate in managing Sodexo's safety and environmental program. Develop and implement improvement/corrective action plans
- Prepare risk assessment reports and help to coordinate activities necessary to ensure successful internal/external audits and other management reviews
- Provide safety management/incident prevention assistance to Sodexo high loss units. Investigate serious accidents with Root Cause Analysis to prevent re-occurrence
- Attain assigned objectives such as Employee Injury Frequency, Serious Injury Frequency, and other objectives as assigned
- Track incident cause and injury type trends and facilitate remedial action(s). Communicates Safety & Health information/data to key management
- Provide in-house safety training and consulting (e.g., guidance and direction; serve as a resource; focus on incident prevention) during Federal or State OSHA, DOT, EPA, fire marshal inspections, investigations, fatalities, or complaints
- Measure the effectiveness of safety strategies and programs in a fact-based and objective manner
- Present safety updates at internal leadership and client meetings. Perform on-site consulting to business units for Safety and Environmental Audits
- The ideal candidate will have experience facilitating training and strong administrative skills
- Travel up to 50%
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Health Care and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities.
Make an Immediate Impact.
Sodexo is the North American leader for Quality of Life Services. More than 150,000 Sodexo employees work to improve the quality of daily life for our 13,000 client sites in North America. Sodexo partners with clients to help them attain their strategic vision by developing Facility Management service solutions that increase the effectiveness of their people, enhance their business processes and optimize their infrastructure, which deliver tangible outcomes.
Our client portfolio spans multiple markets across the nation including education, corporate services, health care and government services, which means we can offer a career full of variety, challenge and tremendous growth opportunities.