At the heart of it, you're a writer. You enjoy writing impactful stories, impacting others with your prose.
Sodexo has an exciting Web Content Writer position available with our Corporate Human Resources Group. This position may be based out of a regional office including Gaithersburg, MD; Buffalo, NY; and Maitland, FL.
Under direction from Content and Policy Lead, this position is responsible for researching, writing and managing content for Sodexo LINK, Sodexo's new Human Resources information portal. This includes monitoring content for accuracy; implementing governance workflow; managing site design, layout and navigation; improving site usability and visibility; and ensuring value for our employees.
Please note that one Web Content Writer will be responsible for Spanish translation capabilities.
This position will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure all content is accurate, relevant, timely and written and displayed properly within Sodexo LINK and the PeopleCenter (Human Resources) knowledge base
- Develop and maintain content templates and style guides
- Understand and work within a Salesforce technology environment including Article Management, Knowledge, and Case Management
- Work with business partners, clients, internal and external testing teams, developers, vendors, and other stakeholders to manage the content life cycle
- Work with development teams as needed on content management system (CMS) enhancements and related development needs
- Coordinate information flow and accuracy between Sodexo LINK and the PeopleCenter
- Maintains positive relationships with PeopleCenter support staff, content contributors, business owners and stakeholders
- Proven ability to multi-task and work successfully within strict deadlines
- Complete work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service
- Troubleshoot, organizational and problem solving skills along with a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements and priorities
- Deliver high quality work, effectively and efficiently through formal and informal channels
The ideal candidate will have the following preferred background/skillset:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, Human Resources or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of online editorial/content strategy experience for the web. Human Resources or Corporate Communications experience is preferred
- Strong writing skills. Ability to research, write and edit Sodexo LINK and PeopleCenter content from scratch
- Must edit and proofread own work and manage information from business owners with the ability to accept constructive feedback
- Ability to write to a variety of audiences with unique needs and characteristics
- Must have strong technical writing skills and an understanding of content modeling and metadata
- Experience in search engine optimization, including effect use of taxonomy
- Experience and ability to work within online content management systems
- Experience in usability testing
- Must be comfortable engaging with various business owners, stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Strong organizational skills with a customer service focus
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Must be able to work independently; must be self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs, 401k, and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts. Click here for more information about Sodexo's Benefits.
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer positions that support a variety of career goals working in diverse business segments, including Corporate Headquarters, Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States. Continue your search today.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and career growth opportunities
Under direct supervison, this position develops and designs employee portal and knowledge base content. This includes monitoring content for accuracy and ensuring employee usability. Responsibilities include managing existing content, implementing new content, design, layout and navigation and improving site usability and visibility.
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years of experience in Human Resources or Communications
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.