The Accounting Manager is primarily responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements are presented to the Executive Director. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities. Secondary responsibilities include performing the day to day operations of the accounting department.
- Maintains the GL by calculating and entering GJ entries, including prepaid expense allocations, report entries, revenue allocations, monthly deposits and adjustments;
- Enters, edits and maintains the computerized financial records and reports of the agency, performs all closing activities and obtains printouts of all records and reports as required for funding sources;
- Establishes the schedule of use of the computer system for fiscal purposes and oversees the effective and proper functioning of the system;
- Prepares the administrative budget and provides guidance to the Executive Director;
- Obtains information necessary for the preparation of financial projections, reports and analyses;
- Prepares all financial records for annual audit;
- Processes all P.O.’s, receipts, invoices, payments, voided and manual checks for A/P;
- Reconciles the bank statements, benefit payments, A/R and other items requiring verification for accuracy and adjustments;
- Processes the semi-monthly payroll for the agency, including the collection of timesheets and keying, editing and verification of assigned payroll-related information and prepares and submits accurately and timely all monthly, quarterly and year end related tax reports;
- Coordinates activities with other department, agency and staff to ensure a cohesive team;
- Increase departmental knowledge base through continuing education/attend all mandatory meetings and trainings;
- Maintains all records as per established agency and department procedures;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to compile, maintain, and utilize complete and accurate computer information systems, records, and reporting;
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with a variety of individuals with minimal supervision;
- Ability to meet deadlines and coordinate numerous projects;
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and practices;
- Ability to establish governmental, cost-accounting and non-profit budgeting and bookkeeping practices and procedures;
- Able to adapt accounting systems to changing environments and needs;
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply applicable laws and regulations;
- Excellent time management, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft software, MAS90, Sage and ten-key by touch;
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required.
Training and Experience
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting;
- Prefer two years of experience in the accounting and payroll field;
- Prefer Current North Carolina Public Accountant license.
RFS is an E.O.E. M/F/D/V