The Johnson County Sheriff’s Office is seeking current certified Iowa Law Enforcement Officers for full-time Deputy Sheriff positions. Eligible candidates may start at an advanced salary up to $70,478 annually plus excellent benefits.
- Must pass background investigation.
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and insurable under County liability coverage.
- Within six months of hire, must reside in Johnson County or within a twenty mile radius of the Johnson County Sheriff’s Office.
- Must be in good standing as a certified Peace Officer with the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy.
- Ability to obtain and maintain certification in the following areas: CPR, first aid, weapons qualification, Intoxilyzer operation, radar unit operation, jail procedures, and medication dispensing.
To learn more about this position and apply, please visit our website by clicking apply now.
Applications will be accepted through August 6, 2021. Cover letter, resume and proof of certification must be attached with the online application.