Awarded the 2021 Next Generation Best Place to Work by the Green Bay Current Young Professionals program
This role is temporarily remote. Training is conducted virtually from your home. This role is an onsite role and once training is completed, you will transition to work in the office in the future.
Cuando se trata de salir adelante y tienes la voluntad de ganar, vamos a llamarlo gran potencial de carrera! Imagine being able to get answers to your health plan questions from someone who speaks the same language as you do. Or, the opposite, not being able to get the answers. At UnitedHealth Group, we want our customers to get those answers by speaking to one of our Bilingual Representatives. If you're fluent in English and Spanish, we can show you how to put all of your skills, your passions and your energy to work in a fast - growing environment.
The Senior Customer Service Representative (Member Engagement) role is within the Government Programs segment of United Healthcare. This position is a non-licensed role who will be responsible for leading both outbound and inbound call efforts building connections with current and past United Healthcare members through exceptional customer service skills. The primary focus of this team is to positively influence the growth and retention of our C&S Dual Special Needs membership. During peak times of the business year, Retention plays a vital role in supporting key business partners maintain the growth of our plan membership through the various call campaigns projects and initiatives. Primary focus of NRT Specialists is to identify the unique needs of each member and provide support and information to help close potential gaps in care.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 7:00pm Local Time, Monday - Friday. Due to the nature of our business, we have Over time opportunities that occur primarily during Q4 and early Q1 of each year. During this time, team members are supporting both weekday and weekend overtime hours. Other Overtime opportunities may arise throughout the course of the year as business needs require. Our office is located at 2020 Innovation Court, De Pere, WI 54115.
We offer 4 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 9am to 5:30pm Monday-Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Inbound and Outbound Call Campaign Support & Results:
- Make an instant connection with members through various outbound call campaigns which focus on their plan benefits and personal healthcare needs
- Maintain a basic understanding of State Medicaid benefits
- Meet/Exceed basic call center metrics and expectations consistently (Quality, Adherence, Call Efficiency, Campaign outcomes, Attendance, etc.)
- Accurately and efficiently collect and input pertinent information obtained into the appropriate company systems
- Ability to navigate through multiple systems simultaneously, with a general understanding of the United HealthCare Products and Benefits.
- Create meaningful, compassionate connections with C&S Dual Special Needs members while engaging in fact finding conversations
- Demonstrate compassion while working with individuals who are economically disadvantaged, medically underserved or without employer funded health coverage
- Displays compassion and understanding for the Medicaid population.
Desired Soft Skills
- Understand & supportive of company’s vision and mission linked to direct application of methods and strategies to accomplish Community and State Dual Special Needs business goals.
- Self-driven goal-oriented individual with the desire to go above and beyond for a member while meeting/exceeding business metrics
- Ability to demonstrate United HealthCare’s Core Values with internal and external interactions.
- Team player with the ability to be flexible in a changing environment.
- Demonstrates appropriate communication techniques when responding to members, particularly in stressful situations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service &/or Call Center experience analyzing and solving member problems
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
- Experience with Windows PC applications which includes the ability to learn new and complex computer system applications and phone systems
- Availability to work 40 hours per week within the operating hours of 7:00 am - 7:00 pm M-F, with an expectation to adjust schedules and work required overtime (to include Holiday’s and Weekends) based on business needs.
- Peak required Overtime periods include but are not limited to Q4 & Q1 of each year.
- Healthcare related experience
- Reside within commutable distance of the office location: 2020 Innovation Court, De Pere, WI 54115
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Physical and Work Environment
- Ability to converse with members for a full day’s work, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, long periods working at a computer, sedentary work
- Service center environment has a moderate noise level due to representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 10 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near - obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, Military families and Veterans wherever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life’s best work.SM
**PLEASE NOTE** The sign on bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a sign on bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: customer service representative, customer service, CSR, UnitedHealth Group, call center, UnitedHealthcare, health care, office, phone support, training class, customer service advocate, customer service rep, SME, Senior, SR, bilingual, Spanish, Retention, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO, #MRnrsAZWI, #714nrsM&R