Company: US0004 Sysco Central California, Inc.
Minimum Level of Education:High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience:2 Years
Employment Type:Full Time
Travel Percentage: 0
Supports local Sales Associate by servicing orders, researching problems and processing customer requests. This will include, but not limited to, placing outbound sales calls to customers, responding to customer issues and collaborating/communicating with assigned outside sales associate group(s) during the course of servicing customers.
- Support Customer Engagement efforts by enabling the sales organization to provide Sysco customers with expanded service channel options (e.g. Sales Coordinator, Sysco Market, and Sysco Mobile).
- Support the performance of the district to deliver planned results by becoming an integral team member to enhance the customer experience
- Contact customers telephonically to identify product needs and ensure orders are placed in a timely manner using the assigned sales system (SAM and mobile order entry).
- Respond to customer inquiries and provide problem resolution.
- Seek opportunities to upsell products.
- Assist Market Associates with Order Guide Maintenance through SAM Customer Order Guide downloads, maintenance and upload for custom customer lists.
- Develop and maintain positive/productive working relationships with all internal and external customers
- Conduct research and resolve issues associated with customer deliveries, special orders, disputes, etc. and is authorized to issue credit on damaged, returned or pricing issues.
- Fully Utilize Salesforce.com (Sysco 360) by capturing all customer interaction, communicating to MAs, and researching customer opportunities.
- Serve as the customer's primary contact to cover MA's (marketing associate) during time off, i.e. vacations.
- Provide customers with invoicing and account receivable information.
- May periodically perform research of product discounts, product services information, special offers and/or company promotions.
- Other duties as assigned by the District Sales Manager to aid in the growth of existing and new customers.
- Support and assist customers and MA (marketing associatE) in the uses of Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile and requires deep knowledge of Sysco Market and Sysco Mobile
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g. business administration) or equivalent educational level preferred.
- High School education or GED required.
- Bilingual Spanish Speaking
- 1+ years' experience utilizing sales tools and techniques.
- 2+ years' prior Telemarketing or Sales experience.
- Working knowledge of Sysco product categories sold to drive the penetration of existing accounts.
- Ability to effectively communicate telephonically. Ability to influence and seen as a team player. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic to intermediate skills in performing math calculations (addition, subtraction, division, and multiplication).
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions in a one-on-one Basic Knowledge of Sysco products preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence in time management and attention to detail.
- Must be able to effectively communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing.
- Possess a strong work ethic and team player mentality
- Ability to telephonically communicate effectively.
- Pleasant, helpful and service-oriented
BENEFITS INFORMATION:Candidates who start work in the months of May, June and July 2021 may be eligible for medical and prescription drug plan coverage effective on their date of hire*. Standard eligibility rules and timelines apply to all other Sysco benefits, including additional healthcare benefits options, retirement benefits, vacation, and paid sick leave. Please visit https://syscobenefits.com/careers to view additional benefits information. *Exceptions/exclusions may apply
HOW WE PROTECT OUR ASSOCIATES
Personal protective equipment and masks provided
Social distancing guidelines in place
Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures in place
Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 57,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 326 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 625,000 customer locations.
We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. Were looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.