Impact Lives. Inspire Change. Be the Solution. Since 1864, we've been an integral part of the Berea community, proudly rooted in faith and a legacy of serving children and families. While our roots remain in Berea, we've grown to support children and families statewide. OhioGuidestone is always looking for passionate people to make a difference in our communities. You can impact lives and inspire change right in your own backyard. Apply today to work at the largest non-profit, mental health service provider in Ohio. We offer
FREE CEU trainings, a great support system, education
incentives, and much more! Full time employees are also offered
PAID medical benefits for you and your family!
Are you looking for a new path? A way to make a difference in your community? The Lorain County program is seeking a passionate and excited bilingual individual to provide community-based services to a diverse clientele with mental health diagnoses. Community Mental Health Workers provide case management and qualified mental health services to OhioGuidestone clients needing behavioral interventions and guidance. T
his role offers a retention bonus every 6 months for meeting bilingual fluency! Opportunity to provide services remotely!
- Must have a high school diploma with 3 years of mental health or related experience*, an Associate's degree in Social Work, Human Services, or a related field with 1 year of mental health or related experience*. A Bachelor's or Master's degree preferred.
- Experience could include, but is not limited to, one or more of the following:
- Service/treatment planning, care coordination, and/or referral and linkage for healthcare, behavioral healthcare, or non-healthcare services
- Intervention using evidence-based techniques
- Identification of strategies or treatment options
- Restoration of social skills and daily functioning
- Crisis prevention and amelioration
- Establishment of trust and rapport, active listening, empathy and goal-setting
- Social, spiritual, educational, and/or other supportive, relational activities
- Must have a valid Ohio Driver's License with a safe driving record and valid insurance.
At OhioGuidestone we care about the health and safety of our employees. OhioGuidestone requires applicants to complete a pre-employment screening process upon receipt of an offer of employment. We require and cover the cost of a fingerprint background screening, physical, Tuberculosis test, and drug screen after an employment offer is made. Any employment offer is contingent upon receipt of all satisfactory pre-employment screenings. Committed to creating a more diverse community, we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. EEO/M/F/H/V
- Ability to take and pass a physical exam, tuberculosis test and drug screening.
- Employment is contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check.
- *Funding sources may require OhioGuidestone to hire an advanced degree
See job description.