Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Product Manager - NEMA Disconnects & Enclosed Products
About Rockwell Automation
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized throughout the world for innovation and excellence. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join a team of talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. You join a place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people, and you join a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority, because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation's Safety, Sensing and Industrial Controls Business is seeking a Product Managerto be a member of the Motor Control and Protection portfolio team responsible for leading and managing a portfolio of NEMA contactors and enclosed solutions. This role is a portfolio management responsibility associated with planning, forecasting, maintaining profitability, customer requirements, and technical resolutions while launching products and creating commercial messaging for the assigned product solutions. This is a dynamic role that will require the individual to effectively manage multiple priorities while clearly communicating to all internal and external customers with an appropriate sense of urgency. This role interacts frequently with sales, end customers, channel partners, and business leadership to achieve portfolio revenue and share growth goals though a strong strategy and shared product roadmap.
- Responsible for achieving yearly revenue and profit margin goals for the responsible portfolio.
- Develop marketing messages for customer presentations, trade shows, and seminars.
- Lead the design and development of commercial collateral for new product launches.
- Motivate and train the global sales channel to promote and sell the responsible portfolio.
- Manage the product life cycle for the responsible portfolio.
- Lead voice of customer activities for next generation solutions.
- Define new product requirements for next generation solutions.
- Work with third party suppliers to define and verify new product requirements.
- Assists with customer support and issue resolution.
- Analyze competitive products and develop competitive comparisons.
- Participate in cross business unit projects as necessary to enhance technical understanding and influence evolution of products and solutions.
- Provide unit volume and financial forecast to manufacturing and accounting.
- Keep current on industry trends, changing market and/or regulatory requirements, and competitive products relative to the responsible portfolio.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or similar discipline.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 20% of the time.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- MS, MBA, or similar graduate level degree.
- 5+ years of relevant experience with product marketing and a close familiarity with the functions of product development, production, application, sales, and distribution.
- Leadership capabilities, creativity, strategic development, and a proven ability to drive results.
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work within a team environment to achieve business objectives.
- Previous experience with 3-phase electric power, control system design, control cabinet/panel design, and implementation & commissioning of industrial control equipment.
- Experience with Rockwell Automation products and solutions is a plus.
This position is part of a job family. Experience will be the determining factor for position level and compensation
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).