Location: Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Location: United States of America Georgia (remote)
This position will be responsible for managing a regional project team (NA & LA Pharma) that delivers MES solutions to customers. The primary responsibilities of this role are to build/manage a professional services team with a modern consulting approach to ensure customer satisfaction and the commercial and technical success of all MES/IS projects. Responsibilities include ensuring that projects are being executed within budget and schedule and maintaining tight collaboration with the product development teams & regional SSB delivery organizations.
This position will work with Rockwell Automation Sales and presales teams to help win orders and plan the delivery strategy for projects in pursuit which includes, but not limited to, assisting with specifying resource needs, project tasks, partnership opportunities, and hour estimates.
The candidate must possess effective communication skills in order to interact with peers, 3rd party contactors, and company and customer senior management. The resource is expected to take part in a global leadership team driving, developing, and deploying MES/IS solutions for Rockwell Automation customers. This includes coordinating with a global Center of Excellence for best-in-class practices, implementation strategies, technology competencies and standard consulting methodologies. Then taking these service practices and ensuring successful implementation with direct staff and any regional collaboration teams.
The candidate preferably should have experience in Complex large scale delivery deployments. With this experience the candidate will be a consultant, coach and mentor to support team and business development. Experience with Agile project management strongly desired.
This position reports to the Regional business manager for Rockwell's Systems & Solution Business MES business. The successful candidate will have five to ten years of experience as a service delivery leader/technical team leader.
- The candidate must possess the ability to plan, hire and manage resources assigned to projects, form/manage teams, identify and resolve issues and effectively communicate all concerns
- Interface with client as regional key sponsor
- Use of modern agile consulting approaches
- Coordinate with Finance to ensure proper revenue recognition from project activities
- Accountable for the overall governance of all regional projects and their risks
- Responsible for working with Sales teams to support the development and promotion of Innovation Suite offerings, as requested
- Provide collective feedback to product teams to improve development of Innovation Suite offerings, as requested
- Regularly interacts and co-ordinates with functional peers (peers, professional excellence, sales, product development and support), other company business groups, 3rd party contactors and major customers.
- Hires, retains, develops, evaluates, motivates and leads staff to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the services team.
- Continually improve the quality of engineering deliverables.
- Ensure adequate records and systems are maintained.
- Work closely with vendors/partners for developing right competency
- Define Vendor qualification criteria and ensure quality of work
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- Ability to travel (~30%)
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years management experience
- Experience in Complex Professional Services execution
- Understanding of Innovation Suite solutions and capability to identify risks
- Preferred experience in the Life Science and Consumer Product Goods industries
- Familiar with principles, practices, and disciplines of project management and agile project delivery to include: schedule/time management, cost management, quality management, human resource management, contract management and procurement, communication management, change management, issue management, problem management and risk management
- Ability to perform project budget tracking, forecasting, financial reporting and allotment procedures
- Direct experience delivering industrial solutions is desirable and or working in a software product development environment but not required.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability and veterans.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact our services team at +1 (see application details).