BEECH GROVE POLICE DEPARTMENT
PROBATIONARY POLICE OFFICERS
The Beech Grove Police Department is pleased to announce the beginning of a selection process for Probationary Police Officer positions. The Beech Grove Police Department will be accepting applications until August 2nd, 2021.
BASIC MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
If you do not meet these requirements, please do not apply.
- AGE: twenty-one (21) years of age, but under forty (40) years of age, if the person is an applicant to the police department. YOU MUST BE 21 YEARS OLD TO BE A POLICE OFFICER IN THE STATE OF INDIANA.
- RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS: (Police Officer) (a) Members of the police department must reside in Indiana in one of the following areas:
(a) Within the county in which the city is located; or
(b) In a county that is contiguous to the county in which the city is located. (IC 36-8-4-2).
(c) To qualify for assignment of a police vehicle, police officers must reside within a contiguous county to Marion County.
- Education: Must be at the minimum a high school graduate.
- No felony or serious misdemeanor arrest record.
- Must possess a valid Indiana driver's license.
- No use of illegal or illicit drugs
- Must not have used marijuana in the past 3 years
All submitted applications must be complete and accompanied by a copy of your birth certificate and high school diploma. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Also include copies of all other diplomas and/or certificates of schools attended with grade and/or credit transcripts. Include military discharge papers, and a copy of your driver's license.
- Uniforms provided
- Equipment provided
- Take Home Car Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- HSA Plan
- 457(b) retirement savings plan
- PERF Pension plan
- Paid vacation and Holiday Return Time
- Competitive Pay $68,503.70 (3rd year officer)
- Longevity Pay - $154 year
- Ongoing training
- Advancement Opportunities
- Specialized units
The selection process that all applicants must go through to become a Beech Grove Police Officer consists of a variety of tests, assessments, and investigations that assist the department in employing those applicants best suited for police work. This process can take anywhere from 3-6 months from the date of initial application.
Listed below is the process utilized by the Beech Grove Police Department
HIRING PROCESS TENTATIVE TIMELINE
- Application Deadline – August 2, 2021
- Test Invitation Letter mailed (postal or electronically)
- Physical Agility Test (ILEA Exit Standards)-August 14, 2021
- Written Examination- August 14, 2021
- Oral Interview- September 1st & 2nd, 2021
- Conditional Offer of Employment- TBD
- Psychological Test-TBD
- PERF Physical Test- TBD
- Pension Board Meeting-TBD
- Board of Works Approval-TBD
- Date of Hire-TBD donating
*Applicants must pass each individual step in the hiring process to be eligible to advance to the next step.
Please direct questions regarding this position to Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobs close at 11:59 PM (Eastern) on the deadline date specified, or when the position capacity has been met, or unless otherwise specified in the announcement. If the deadline date is not specified in the announcement, the agency has sole discretion on setting the deadline and jobs may close without notice. It is the applicant's responsibility to thoroughly read and understand the deadline requirements and capacity limits as outlined by the agency.
Applicants are responsible for checking their email and logging into their PoliceApp, PublicSafetyApp, FireFighterApp or EmployementApp account to monitor for emails, scheduling and process updates.