Engineering Project Manager - Compliance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 20, 2021
Role Number: 200266919
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. At Apple, we deliver great customer experiences and a top-notch customer support and service that delights our customers and builds the legendary customer loyalty Apple is known for. Apple's reputation and our customers' trust depend on our commitment to diligently and consistently safeguard personal information. Apple takes privacy very seriously and strongly believes that it's a fundamental human right. We follow the strictest procedures for protecting customer and employee personal information. As part of this team, you will lead and work with cross functional teams to build Apple-class solutions that enables us to ensure privacy and implement compliance guidelines across our teams and software solutions.
- 8+ years of experience in software with at least 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Project Manager.
- Experience with complex enterprise or consumer web apps.
- Exhibit great collaboration, writing and communication skills.
- Passionate about privacy and compliance and experience implementing solutions in this area.
- Ability to present design solutions at all levels of the organization with clear, eloquent rationale.
- Demonstrated success defining and shipping amazing products in an iterative manner, with a hands-on willingness to go above and beyond from an execution perspective.
- You are a problem-solver with outstanding analytical skills and high attention to detail.
- Possess deep user empathy, phenomenal design sense, and advocate for new features with both qualitative and quantitative reasoning.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, successfully handle ambiguity, and have experience working with agile development methodology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions as well as technical deep dives.
- Strong organization and planning skills. Ability to simultaneously run multiple projects without compromising results.
As an Engineering Project Manager, you will be responsible to lead and drive critical initiatives in Apple's privacy&compliance with multiple teams. In this role, you would be the compliance champion of the org working with legal, business teams, and software development teams. The responsibility of this role includes leading business discussions and bring clarity to compliance requirements, work further to establish scope/effort based on a design/solution agrees within the teams. You will be responsible for strategy, roadmap as well as major involvement in technical architecture/design to execution and delivery. Work closely with stakeholders from requirements to agree on a design and to develop and deliver Apple class solutions to users. You will diagnose compliance-related issues in production, identify root causes, and implement fixes. Strong communication skills and ability to articulate complex technical solutions to a non-technical audience.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field, preferred. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here. Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Learn more.
- Previous experience building/managing software solutions in privacy&compliance area is preferred.