Software Quality Engineer - Retail Online Stores
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino) , California , United States
Software and Services
Posted: Jul 20, 2021
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200266040
The worldwide Retail & Online Stores (R&OS) team is looking for a hardworking and talented Software Quality Engineer to test products and applications on macOS, iOS, and Web. You will be responsible for testing and ensuring the quality of major frameworks for an e-Commerce system that is up 24/7. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a meaningful fast-paced environment and will use the newest technology to automate solutions and deliver outcomes across all of Apple's innovative products, including Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Apple Watch, and AirPods/Beats line of products. We are looking for someone with established QA experience both in manual testing and automation.
- 5 years of experience in Quality Engineering, with focus in e-commerce/web applications
- Specialist in creating test plans and test cases with detailed knowledge in API testing
- Quality communication skills in listening, flexibility, cohesion, and clarity
- Experience managing and integrating test automation into various points in a deployment pipeline
- Experience with Continuous Integration systems (e.g. Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Java build systems and tools including Maven, Gradle, Ant, SBT
- Strong Operational Experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages like Shell, Perl, Python
- Expert knowledge and experience with Software Version Control systems like GIT (GitHub/Gitlab knowledge is a plus)
- Unwillingness to settle for a solution that is merely "good enough"
- AWS certification and/or experience is a plus
Build test plan, develop manual/automated cross-functional tests, report bugs, and assess overall product quality of Online Store frameworks across Apple's existing and new products Work with Agile team ensuring high quality delivery for each sprint and confirming to user story acceptance criteria Provide leadership in testing, troubleshooting, and implementing features through automation Work closely with engineers, project managers, and x-functional teams throughout software lifecycle in successfully delivering quality across projects Communicate detailed QA status to the team and report any blocking issues in a timely manner Ability to analyze crash logs, back-traces, and assist engineers by utilizing debugging techniques-Education & Experience: We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent field with 5+ years or MS degree with 3+ years experience, or equivalent